Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pitaya Power!

Hey y'all!
Check out the new 'IT' fruit, pitaya. The bright red fruit originates from Central and South America, yielding some pretty amazing super powers. This fruit can jump start your immune system, get your digestive system flowing, and zap those free radicals away in a single sip!! Well, maybe not one sip. The second sip is the best and it just gets better from there. The asian variety of pitaya is the dragon fruit, which has a white flesh and much lower nutrient levels.
All my lucky readers that live in Colorado, you are in luck!! WholeFoods just stocked up on Pitaya Plus, the super fruit in juice form. If you are not in the colorful state, you can buy their products online on their website.
The company, based in Sand Diego, has set up (one of the only) solar energy factories in Nicaragua and the company only hires single mothers to process the fruit. Super company empowering supermoms to make super juice!
Check them out here: www.pitayaplus.com
Picture used from www.pitayaplus.com

2 comments:

  1. These look so cool :) Got to love San Diego (my home town) haha My husband and I would love to eat organic all the time but it is super pricey, so I am happy I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alycia! Thanks so much for finding my blog. I would LOVE to eat organic all day long. I mean who wouldn't, right?!?! I'm excited about this blog. I hope to post some interesting things.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete