Saturday, February 12, 2011

Project 2011

As some of you might know, I attempted to do the blog 'project 2010' last year. But, for various reasons, I never made it past the first post. While 'Project 2010' does have a nice ring to it, and not being able to turn back time, 'Project 2011' it is.

Being an organic shopper with a close to nonexistent paycheck, I am going to have to make some changes to how I spend my money at the grocery store. I’m a sucker for pretty packaging with labels professing the products 'healthiness and organic-ness'. I want to keep my family healthy with smart choices, I also try to buy products that are healthier to the planet, as well.

I plan to research these categories to make better informed choices at the grocery store:

* Organizations that certify products organic and regulate food labels

* Produce

* Meat

* Pantry Items

* Household Items


Being a foodie, I spend most of my time in the kitchen so I also want to share some of my recipes with you!

2 comments:

  1. Will you be growing a garden this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so. We ordered seeds, but we don't really have a lot of yardage. I think i might try the upside down tomato growing method this year.

    ReplyDelete